Abergorki Hall

Abergorky Hall

The project involved the rebuilding of the original Abergorky Community Hall in Treorchy, built with the Miner’s Penny Fund in 1908.

The scheme was to provide a replacement multi-purpose Hall with 350 capacity seating; Community education and Sports facilities; a Youth centre, a Gallery and Exhibition area with Cafeteria and Restaurant facilities, an Oberservatory, a Shop and Citizens advice office.

The design retained one of the original hall’s towers, this being a prominent local feature, and added a five storey glazed entrance atrium area.

The scheme was submitted for support under European Objective One funding schemes.



Abergorki1. Night view-Proposed Abergorki2. View north-Existing Abergorki3. View north-Proposed Abergorki4. View south-Existing Abergorki5. View south-Proposed Abergorki6. Interior 1st floor Abergorki7. Interior 2nd floor